« Anko | Main | Wing on wing »

October 11, 2004



Well, I have "almost" completed my new system. I feel about 80 percent of all the job is finished. But the rest of it, 20 percent, is the problem. Different from making a building, programing software is invisible work. I don't know how much I have done before it's completion. I'm now debugging my software and when I find a small bug, it sometimes requires a lot of hard work. But the more bugs I can eliminate, the firmer and the more stable my system would be. Do you know the "8:2 law"? It means that when you have done 80 percent, you really have done only 20 percent. This law often suits computer systems. If it is true, am I only on the 20 percent?

The comments to this entry are closed.